Re: post installation and reboot tasks (was Re: diskles-image-*)

*delurk*

Hi Joey,

I often feel that the new username prompt is insufficiently
newbie-proofed on Linux installs.  A suggested modification
follows (I'm not crazy about the wording; it's the content
I care about).  I'm assuming that the eight-character
restriction is still a good idea; please yank it if this has
been fixed.

My thanks to the boot-floppies team for the tremendous
effort they're putting in!

miket

On Wed, Jan 05, 2000 at 05:03:13PM -0800, Joey Hess wrote:

> Template: base-config/username
> Type: string
>  Select a username for the new account.  (Your first name is
>  a reasonable choice.)

  Select a username for the new account.  Your username
  should be eight characters or fewer.  If your first name
  fits, it is a reasonable choice.
  .
  Traditionally, Linux usernames are entirely lower
  case for ease of typing.  All-caps usernames and space
  characters will cause problems and should be avoided.