Test feedback requested (was Re: /proc, autodetection and a new PATCH)

On Wed, Dec 29, 1999 at 12:17:25AM +1300, Mark van Walraven wrote:
> I have the next patch (to filter out some non-disk devices) ready, but I
> will be very busy the next few days and don't want to check in anything
> further under those circumstances.  I'll attach it here - anyone able

Now in CVS, revision 1.31 of fdisk.c.

> I've been studying /proc/partitions and it looks like a good way to
> gather potential install targets for fdisk_reread() also.  The IDE,

Now in CVS, revision 1.32 of fdisk.c.

Now, dbootstrap should be able to install to all r/w, randomly-accessible
partitions that the kernel supports, provided the appropriate node exists
in /dev.

Once again, it works for me, but I can only test on IDE disks and CD-ROM
at present, so I'm eager for test reports.  If you can run dbootstrap and
look at the selection of target partitions, you should see all (and only)
the eligible install targets for your systems.

Regards,

Mark.