Re: Base shrinkage proposal

On Sun, Dec 19, 1999 at 05:49:57AM -0200, Lalo Martins wrote:
> Remove all locale stuff that
> won't be used by the installation procedure, but that requires
> auditing what will be used and what won't. And so on.
Locales are not used by the installation procedure!

As for original proposal.  We do install locales package onto base system.  But
this file contains not only /usr/share/locale/* (14 Megs on my computer)
directories and files, but /usr/share/i18n/ (7 Megs on my computer), which are
of no use for installation procedure (these are the source files for localedef
program and others...)  I believe locale package must splitted!

Should I file a bug?

--
Mike