Re: error building boot-floppies

On Tue, Dec 14, 1999 at 08:08:48PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> When i try to build boot-floppies from cvs, safe.sh dies about 80% of the
> time. The error i get is:
> /dev/loop3: This doesn't look like a FAT filesystem
> /dev/loop3: Sector sizes other than 512 not supported
I've encountered the same error with 2.3.27-29 kernels, IIRC.  I asked the
question on linux-kernel list and got response that this is a problem someone
is working.  I checked several versions of kernel (as soon as a new one
appeared), but all of them behaved in the same way:
    sometimes it just does not work
    sometimes it works without a glitch

That's why I moved back to the 2.2.* kernels (at least for building
boot-floppies).

--
Mike