Re: Installing packages at boot time

AGX <agx@linux.it> writes:

> Is there any technical documentation about the Debian installation process ?

Uh -- there's user documentation, in the documentation subdir and at
http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/ .

> Also i would like to know if is possible to install debian packages at
> installation time rather that at boot time, and why this is not done by
> the current install system.

Uh, I don't understand what you're saying.  In the current system, the
install system "bootstraps" a box into being a debian box by
installing base (base2_2.tgz, generally, or via floppy, which is just
a split version of that).

After that, the user is rebooted and can install stuff, using (in
potato) either the task selection system (not yet done), and then
dselect or else apt-get directly.