Re: Release-critical bug inventory

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> writes:

>  - Are these bugs truly release-critical?

Yes -- fixed in next version as well.

>  - Do you have an estimated time for fixing these bugs?

Will be fixed in 2.2.2, uploaded next week.

> Do you need help?

Yes -- I've repeated asked for help from debian-qa and debian-testing.
The testing group has been very obliging.  QA is completely
unresponsive.

Note that boot-floppies are also affected by every RC bug.  We are
experiencing critical failures in boot-floppies due to modconf bugs,
in particular.  Other packages which are causing problems are
util-linux (RC bug filed) and perl-5.005-base (RC bugs filed).

>  - Will you mind if non-maintainer uploads are done to fix these bugs?

Definately I would mind.  No one who is not involved in boot-floppies
(that is, on the debian-boot mail list) should be uploading
boot-floppies.  Never.