Re: syslogd still crapping out

Erik Andersen <andersen@xmission.com> writes:

> So it looks like a kernel problem.  The kernel used on
> the boot floppies does not seem to support Unix domain
> sockets.  That is why it works in chroot, but not on
> the boot floppies.

Argh.  Yes.  This is provided by the misc/unix.o module, on i386
anyway.

I wonder if we can put unix.o in /lib/modules/<kver>/misc/ on the
rootdisk.  It's only 16k.  I'll look into doing this.

Herbert, I assume that trying to cram unix.o onto the rootdisk is a
better option than trying to cram it into the kernel?