Re: Debian Boot Floppies CVS: boot-floppies andersee

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 08:12:30AM -0700, Erik Andersen wrote:
> Hmm. That is wierd. Of course the first rule of Unix (well, ok I'm
> making that part up) is that if the kernel Oopses, it is a kernel bug.
> User space is not supposed to hose the kernel. I tested things last
> night with a tarball comprised of /dev and /tar from my home system.
> I'll try it base2_2.tgz and then with base2_2.tgz and the kernel from
> the boot floppies.

Of course it's a kernel bug. I just thought you may have some ideas.

> BTW, rule #2 of Unix is to always run the Oops through ksymoops to
> figure out the kernel stack trace. Mind trying that?

OK, I'll read up on this and see if I can figure it out. BTW, I'm trying
actual installs on a spare partition so I'm not sure how to grab the oops
file. Normally it would appear in a log file? Anyway, I'll try make it
break outside an install. I'll also try building with 2.2.13 and see what
happens.

Greg