Re: Current CVS builds AND runs (sorta)

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Eric Delaunay <delaunay@lix.polytechnique.fr> writes:
>
> > Removing ldconfig.new for all arches including those don't support small libs
> > will save more than 200k !
>
> What is ldconfig.new ?  I approve it's removal so long as its not needed.
>
> Eric, have you worked through direct CVS access?  You don't have ssh
> thru your firewall?  Shall I make this patch myself?  (Or mporter, go
> ahead).

Sorry for the late reply.  I ran in a lot of troubles with my PC box this week,
so I don't even have had time to read my emails :( I bought a new 13Gb HD where
I can store the full Debian mirror (binary-sparc & sources now and binary-i386
soon).
I'm back now and in the middle of updating my CVS tree with the latest.  Will
start working again on sparc bootdisk today...

About ldconfig.new, it's the ldconfig program upacked from ld.so before running
its configuration script which moves it to ldconfig.  It is put in the rootdisk
It is only needed at build time by rootdisk.sh to write new ld.so.cache after
libs were processed.  but is left on the image for architectures that don't
support small libs.  You can remove it with no trouble at all.

Regards.