NFS-Root vs diskless

Is anyone working on diskless installation in conjunction with
boot-floppies?  Most architectures do support TFTP/NFSRoot
installation (although, for instance, i386 support would require a
little boot disk with the stuff which is otherwise handled by OpenBoot
or else NIC EEPROMs).

It would be pretty sweet if we not only supported TFTP installation
but also provided (well, somewhere) a whole NFSRoot base image or
something.  But I'm confused on how that would work as I've never
tried it.

I do remember that there's a new diskless package out which is
replacing the old nfs-root package, correct?

Just blue sky...