Proposal: dump dselect for console-apt
* dselect has a poor user interface.
* dselect causes strange dependency comflicts that apt does not. (case in
point, loads of internal potato powerpc testers have lots of different
dependency problems with perl4, dpkg-perl etc.)
* console-apt is in good enough condition to follow the task-selection GUI for
* console-apt's bugs can be squashed easily even though the maintainer isn't
responding to them.
* Non developer Debian users *hate* dselect with a passion and avoid Debian
because of it.
I'm sure some will say it's too late, but it would be a real shame to ship
potato with a package management tool that ruins the entire install
This is Linux Country. On a quiet night, you can hear Windows reboot.