Re: Essential bloat

>Yes, an option to "download the base via ftp" would be very
>nice as well.

I doubt there is room to support ppp on the root floppy, maybe ftp, but
probably not.  You would have to spread the root file system over several
floppy disks.  However I would imagine for "CD boot only" it is possible to
create a large boot image comprising a substantial root file system i.e.
resc115200.bin  In that case you could throw in everything including the
kitchen sink.  I don't know how doable that is with the present tools
though.