Re: GUI for task selection

On Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 08:56:08PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski wrote:

> * "Adam" == Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> wrote:
>
> Adam> It would be nice to use, uh, Dialog which is the same thing dbootstrap
> Adam> uses?  This has some support for different UIs, such as framebuffer.
>
> Marcel told me it is newt that is used. Also in dbootstrap/boxes.c, newt is
> used. So looks like this is not yet implemented?

dboostrap/boxes.c defines a set of "generic dialog boxes" using newt. No
other newt-dependent code is used in dbootstrap, to make it easy to use a
different toolkit. Just writing a boxes.c for another toolkit, and
linking with it instead of the current one will give us a different UI.
That's what Ben Pfaff did for the framebuffer UI ( utilities/bogl/* on
boot-floppies CVS, potato branch)

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es