Re: status

On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 10:26:17AM +0200, Marcel [@ GMX] wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 08:22:38PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > I am quite sure all architectures will need to split boot/root and
> > also split the drivers disk.
>
>   It should be portable.  It's the same mechanism as the base disks use,
>   nothing fancy.

  It's still early, I didn't read your question...

  About the boot/root split, changes I've made for the i386 platform:
    - Look for @@ Marcel temporary notes in rescue.sh
    - Update bootloader config, see scripts/rescue/syslinux.cfg
    - '/usr/sbin/rdev -r $mnt/linux 49152' in rescue.sh

  I have never worked on platforms other than i386 with Linux (I did play
  with LinuxPPC on an imac and didn't like that distribution).

         Marcel