Re: boot-floppies status from an insider (was Re: Deficiencies in Debian)

> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >   * eliminate all dselect acquisition methods aside from apt and
> >     possibly mountable (for NFS, which apt doesn't handle -- socks
> >     also not handled by apt but I don't know if we care)
>
> Apt can handle nfs just fine. If you want to mount/unmount the nfs server
> when apt runs, you can use the Pre-Invoke and Post-Invoke hooks. Those could
> be added to apt.conf automatically.

Could you please explain this? Where are documented these hooks and how
could they be used to mount a remote directory? Suppose I have mounted
manually server:/debian on /source while installing the base.tgz, what
should I do to have the same directory mounted by apt before installing
the packages?

--
Massimo Dal Zotto

|  Massimo Dal Zotto               email: dz@cs.unitn.it               |
|  Via Marconi, 141                phone: ++39-0461534251              |
|  38057 Pergine Valsugana (TN)      www: http://www.cs.unitn.it/~dz/  |
|  Italy                             pgp: finger dz@tango.cs.unitn.it  |