Re: apt-get configurator for boot-floppies?

Le Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 04:46:24PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski écrivait:
> Ok, I only want to use the first, and the third CD from the four CD
> pack (for whatever reason). What do I do in this case?

Use apt-cdrom. You simply put in all the CD you have ... even if they
are not part of the same CD set.

>   Information about the following CDs have been read in. please
>   uncheck any CD you do not want to use:
>
>    [x] CD1 - Debian main first part
>    [x] CD2 - Debian main second part
>    [x] CD3 - Debian contrib and contrib sources

What is the problem with asking to put in the CDROM each CD
they want to use ?

It's not that much difficult and you don't need to change apt ...

> Also note that we already made a assumption about the CDs present in
> slink. The profiles/task there contained packages from all parts of
> main. And main was already splitted on two CDs, so you need both CDs

This is simply wrong. All the packages listed in the profiles/tasks were
on the first CD. But I don't know if we'll be able to manage it for potato
(since many new task & profiles are created).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>