Re: apt-get configurator for boot-floppies?

Le Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 02:03:39PM +0200, Martin Bialasinski écrivait:
> True. with the old multi-cd method one had to insert the _last_ CD,
> which had all the info. Putting it on the first CD would have had the
> same pros/cons as putting it on the last CD, but it is easier to
> understand.

No, each CD know about itself and all the preceding CD. This way you
can generate a 3 CD set but you can use only the first CD if you want.
That's why the last CD was requested.

Putting on the first CD means that you can no longer use only the
first CD from the set (you need all the CD from the set)

I believe that apt-cdrom is the right way to deal with multi CD. With
this method you can create your own CD set by taking a Debian CD with only
Gnome and a Debian CD with only KDE without problems ...

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -=- http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CDs Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>