Re: Ignoring dependance on "important" packages?

On Saturday 24 July 1999, at 14 h 0, the keyboard of Nathaniel Smith
<njs@njs.dhis.org> wrote:

> So the task-x package would provide a script that would ask the
> user about their configuration, autoprobe to figure out what xserver-foo
> package to install, and then get all the stuff that a person needs.
> This is just a general concept, which of course would need much more
> refining, but I think that it has some merit.  What do you think?
>
> Again, I did just arrive, so if this has been discussed before

I believe it is quite original. I don't remember a discussion about it. But do not expect many advices before an actual code runs. Try it. Of course, the script you mentioned should be produced semi-automatically (a la autoconf) otherwise tasks maintainers will suffer.