Re: "live" fs (Re: Strategy for boot-floppies)

On Wed, Jul 21, 1999 at 01:21:27AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:
>
> > Corel already seems to have a way to do this.  See the CVS 'setup-api'
> > module in the same CVSROOT as boot-floppies
> > (cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot).
>
> Hmm... not sure if the actual code is in there yet.  They said they
> were waiting for it to be "rock solid".

And of course Corel has a graphical installation program that
won't hang a SiS card up their sleeves, and a lot of other
things. But if they don't want to develop it in the open, I'm
very sorry but there _will_ be duplication of efforts
(triplication, considering that dbootstrap will be maintained
till the "new" program is usable enought to convince everyone).

So bad. "Open-source" code with "black-box" development model,
Yoda says, hmm, no good going this to be is.

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
[hoping Corel is reading]