Re: installation Profiles and Tasks

"Martin Bialasinski" <martin@internet-treff.uni-koeln.de> writes:
>As far as I see, the profiles and tasks should be ordinary packages,
>which can also be selected after the initial setup (a FAQ on
>debian-user: how to I restart this profile selection).

I think there should be packages that are equivalent to the profiles
and tasks in the boot disks (so users can add a task later).
Preferably, the profiles and tasks should be derived from the packages
(so they stay synchronized).

>- Significantly reduce the installation size of the profiles/tasks.

Your suggestions on slimming down the profiles and tasks sound fine to
me.  For example, I don't think we should be installing emacs19 by
default.

			- Martin