Re: bootable, rootable, base, and the rest

On Fri, Jul 09, 1999 at 02:35:49PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:

> Um, ok.  Well, can you explain why not?  AFAIK, you just made the WD
> SCSI driver a module rather than in the kernel -- I'd be willing to
> sacrifice WD users for aic7xxx users (since aic must outnumbers wd by
> 10 to 1 or so).

Because this is not the right solution to the problem.  If I did this
everytime there was a conflict in someone's system, soon there will be
no ISA devices left in the kernel.

> What would it take to get this released?  Do you need more testing of?
> Does Enrique have this kernel?  Should I pester him to build a version
> of boot-floppies with this kernel for testing?

If you mean the kernel-image without the WD driver, it's up to the person
who is packaging the relevant boot-floppies, which in this case is you,
isn't it?