Re: Hello

> "Jurgen Webber" <the_war_child@hotmail.com> writes:
> >      I have tried installing Debian Via the Boot disk and HD methods.
> > In both occasions the loading of the kernal has locked up when it is
> > accessing and so it says "downloading" the 412 SCSI instructions.
> > I have a Atapec AVA 2400 PCI SCSI Adaptor on the 5th PCI slot using IRQ 11.
> > I have no idea to why this happens, its just locks up, no reasoning for it,
> > no error messages. Just totally Freezes. Also I have a Teac 12xR and 4xw
> > CD-R as the device.

This is a known problem with the 2.0.36 kernel images that we ship.
If you can, try compiling a kernel without the WD scsi support, that
may help.  You can replace teh kernel on the rescue floppy following
the instructions in the Installation Manual.  If you're not in a
position where you can compile a new kernel, then let us know and I
may be able to track down an alternate rescue image...