Re: i18n for boot-floppies

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> while creating German boot-floppies and have encountered some minor
> glitches.
>
> One of them was that I had to include some .mo files for applications
> used on the root.bin.
[...]
> However this patch only works for German boot floppies which cannot
> be used generally.
>
> Thus we need some generic mechanism that has a set of textdomains
> and will add them if neeeeded.

BTW, I had a miscommunication with Joey.  He was doing hacking on the
slink branch by accident.

Joey, one other important tidbit is that the potato LINGUA / messages
handling is a little different (using something called "pointerize")
-- I don't know if that impacts your proposed solution.

We've talked on this list how the idea of building images on a per
language basis is kinda horked.... did we ever solve that?