Re: cfdisk and libslang problems

Matt Porter wrote:
> I've found that on my devel PReP system (using a serial console), I can
> run cfdisk with no problems.
>
> However, after building a rescue disk from the current mirror of packages,
> I find that the cfdisk fails when running from the rescue disk.  I'm using
> a serial console for booting in this case as well, I've verified that all
> the dependent libraries are the same as on my development system and that
> the cfdisk binary is the same.  If I shell out from dbootstrap and run
> cfdisk from the cli I get this:
>
> ># cfdisk
> >S-Lang Error: Unknown Error Code
> >SLcurses_initscr: init failed
> >
> >#
>
> And then my terminal is completely hung.  Any slang gurus got a clue or
> anybody seen this before?

I don't know, however, this is an answer I got when asking in an
online forum:

<JHM> Joey: Check if you have a valid $TERM
<gaia> Joey: set TERM to linux, then, iirc
<gaia> Joey: whithing dbootstrap, i mean

Can you retry with that?  E.g. hax0r dbootstrap to set TERM?

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi