Re: Size of drivers disk

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 03:12:41AM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just submitted the following bug report against kernel-image
>
>    Please provide additional modules such as sound, video and ipv6.
>
>    Espy has told me that all modules from the kernel-image will go
>    onto the drivers disk.
>
>    This is a design glitch as it is logical that the Linux kernel will
>    provide more modules than fit on one floppy.

In fact, boot-floppies selects which modules go onto the drivers disk.
The slink drivers disk for tecras doesn't have scsi modules. The drivers
disk for lowmem system (a few releases ago) didn't have modules on
several sections. It's trivial to exclude another section or selected
modules. It's just a matter of adding the proper "rm" on boot-floppies
kernel.sh.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es