Re: Notebook install

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:

                         <snip>

> >  * Why is emacs19 installed as well as emacs20 by default? emacs19 is
> >    fairly buggy too.
>
> "By default" makes no sense.  You'll have to clarify which
> tasks/profiles you installed.

     I believe this is a fresh install.  I have recently learned that
dselect automatically selects every package of standard or higher
priority the first time it sees it.  You have to hit `D' (Shift-D) to
make it revert to directly requested packages.  emacs19 and emacs20
are both Priority: standard.

      Personally, I think this behavior of dselect is evil, especially
now that the install script offers preselections.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>