Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination

On Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 06:06:42PM -0400, Phillip R. Jaenke wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Apr 1999, Richard Braakman wrote:
[... about building translated boot-floppies for slink ...]

> > I don't think this is a good idea.  As you said, it's something for
> > potato.  We should start work on potato bootfloppies; let's not
> > involve the slink bootfloppies in this work.
>
> *nods* I agree. Keep them seperate. Once stable in potato, it might be an
> idea to put them in 2.1r4 or later. But not yet.

I've tested our current (well, last week) code for potato and it works
flawlessly for slink installations too.
As it has better support for building translated boot-floppies, I will
merge those changes into our slink version if/when i build new
boot-floppies for 2.1r3

> > Point releases for slink are already being made for security updates.
> > I think we have to consider other changes on their individual merits.
>
> *nods* I think priorities should lay first on the boot floppy problems
> (AIC-7xxx and what have you), and utterly broken and/or insecure packages.

If someone knows of a good enough version of the aic*.c driver, please
let me and Herbert Xu know. I can't build a fixed boot-floppies set
without a fixed kernel.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es