Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination

I've been trying to do a 'proper' boot disk WITH a 2.2 kernel on it.

I failed miserably! It won't happen! Not on one disk anyway, the
kernel is WAY to big...

I see two options:

	1, One boot disk and one root disk.

	   Downside:  One more disk to make sure you don't loose.
	   Advantage: More space for drivers, more space for the install disk,
		      which means we can support more types of installations,
		      like SMB, NCP, root-RAID (top on my personal list), etc,
		      etc. Only our imagination is the limit...

	2, Many different rescue disks.
	   Rescue w/ SCSI, w/o IDE
	   Rescue w/ IDE, w/o SCSI
	   Rescue w/ IDE & non-IDE CDROM's
	   (etc, etc)

	   Downside:  Speaks for it self, I think :)
	   Advantage: Only one disk to keep track of.

Point 1 is quite easy to implement, I'm trying to do this locally at the
moment. We really need to come to a desition, before we bury our self
to deep in the 'one size fits all' pit...

I for one like the first one best...

--
    We are GNU.  You will be GPL'ed.  Resistance is futile.
 / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \  Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@debian.org>

SDI terrorist FBI Khaddafi [Hello to all my fans in domestic
surveillance] bomb North Korea NSA AK-47 Saddam Hussein DES BATF
Qaddafi assassination Ft. Meade