Re: debian 2.1r3 needed and release team coordination

Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@nocrew.org> writes:

   +/proc/.config support
   +CONFIG_DCONFIG
   +  Saying Y here will make a snapshot of your configuration options
   +  permanently available via /proc/.config file. It is useful if you
   +  compile several kernel images with different configuration options
   +  and would like to keep track of which is which.
   +
   +  This option will enlarge your kernel by about 10-12 KB, depending on
   +  the size of your /usr/src/linux/.config file.

   I find this _MOST_ usefull...

It sounds useful to me, but we're having some horrible growing pains
with the 2.2 kernels already.  I don't know whether it's realistic to
try to get it on a rescue floppy.
--
"...In the UNIX world, people tend to interpret `non-technical user'
 as meaning someone who's only ever written one device driver."