Re: More graphical boot floppies issues

I like the "add-on" idea, if it's feasible.  Remember, some *people*
are installing this stuff on embedded controllers and low-memory
situations.

My dream is that we can work out a really nice flexible system.

Imagine CD-ROM boot where you boot right into the base system, and
then install.  More and more boot mediums, such as Zip disk, CD-ROM,
network booting, etc., offer some nice capabilities for having a
pretty rich installation environment.

So in my dream scenario, we have a minimalist one or two floppy
install (it may be that we have to split boot and root, the 2.2 kernel
and glibc2.1 are pretty fat), as well as a way of having vastly
variying root.bin sizes.