syslinux -s

Does anyone know of a system needing the "-safe" disks?
H. Peter Anvin sent this to the syslinux mailing list:

----- Forwarded message from "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@transmeta.com> -----
From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@transmeta.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 01:11:21 -0800 (PST)
Subject: syslinux -s

Hi,

I'd like to hear from anyone who has, or know of, a machine for which
the -s option to SYSLINUX is required for it to reliably boot.  I need
to know the boot medium (floppy, harddisk, CD-ROM, LS-120, zip),
machine, the failure mode, and if the error is intermittent or not.  I
am exploring a way which I hope may make this option unneccesary, at
least in the cases where the failure mode is a "boot failed" message.

	-hpa

----- End forwarded message -----