Re: [mingp@COREL.CA: How we can with your Setup Engine?]

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

   You seem to be decided on a X11 system being used right from the top
   (i.e., right from step 2 above).  I don't know that we feel this is
   necessarily the best idea -- I think we're thinking more along the
   lines of the FB devices.  Someone on the debian-boot list already has
   code showing dbootstrap running in a FB.

That would be me.  First I'd like to point out that there's no reason
that we can't support X11 *and* FB installs, it's (in essence) just a
matter of writing a single new support file for dbootstrap.  However,
I really like my FB-based system--it loads very quickly from a single
floppy.  And it's almost complete, lacking only mouse support at the
moment--and that's half done and going to be finished this week,
probably.
--
"...dans ce pays-ci il est bon de tuer de temps en temps un amiral
 pour encourager les autres."