CDs: where are we up to?

Steve McIntyre writes:

 > >1. Fixes needed for each set allowed in Tue, Wed, Thu and then _no more
 > >   uploads_ for any reason. At all. None.
 >
 > We've had some fixes going in; we need to decide on actions for the
 > remaining missing/broken packages that have been flagged. Where are we on
 > each platform right now?

For Alpha, some important new packages have been put in incoming
yesterday, there probably still some dependencies broken, if nobody
fix them soon, we will ask that the problematic packages be removed.

 > >2. Starting _now_ we have people building CD images for each platform.
 > >   These will need to be re-done again later as uploads are made, but we
 > >   need feedback _now_ if there are any missing packages or other CD image
 > >   problems.
 >
 > I've seen some feedback here, but not very much...

There is new set of install disks for Debian/Alpha available, it
should go in the archive soon, I will send separately a new slink_cd
patch for Alpha. All we needed to have a bootable CDROM is now
implemented in this stuff, and if no annoying bug is found, they can
be the definitive one.

 > >3. On Friday final images are made for each of the release architectures.
 > >   I can do i386 and source, we need volunteers for m68k, alpha and sparc.
 > >   Let us know ASAP if you can help.. Steve, you willing to do sparc still?
 > >   In theory, one person could do all of them, but in practice this just
 > >   does not work. And these need to be sanity checked before we pronounce
 > >   them ready to go.
 >
 > OK, I'll have i386 and source covered. Steve Dunham has sparc covered
 > (thanks!). M68k/alpha? Anybody? If it comes to the crunch I can _possibly_
 > do these, but I will have no way to test them.

Looks like I send too late to Philip Hands the request for an account
on cdimage.debian.org, so someone else will have to generate the Alpha
part.

Loic