Re: Releasing Slink (was Re: Please add new version of Release-Notes)

On Wed, Mar 03, 1999 at 07:55:00AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> Adam Di Carlo writes:
> >
> >It would be nice for us to get boot-floppies 2.1.9.  You brought up
> >scheduling, so I'll ask:
> >
> > * is the fixed dpkg uploaded yet, the bug which delayed slink release?
> > * on what day (for x86) should boot-floppies 2.1.9 be released?
>
> I'd say no later than end of the day Thursday.

I may build a new set today and upload it tonight (GMT) if needed.
The fixed dpkg has been uploaded already, right? Which version is it?

> >The only reason I want a new boot-floppies is: (a) documentation
> >updates (not really critical), (b) the new dpkg, so it matches with
> >what is in the archive, and doesn't break when LANG is set, and (c)
> >I'd like to see the xbase/xdm issues solved in the boot floppies.
>
> OK, these are all resaonable requests IMHO.

IIRC, the xbase/xdm issues may be fixed modifying the master package
list. Stephane, is it fixed in CVS?

	Waiting is,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es