Re: Graphical install disks Ben Pfaff is doing

> > It is flexible enough that you could retarget it pretty easily for
> > something not VGA compatible.
>
> do arm, alpha and powerpc already use vga?
> does that leave sparc, m68k

:-) the framebuffer was first on m68k!

All can use the fb-devices now, but not an fb driver that depends on
intel bioses! We non-i386'er have the framebuffer in the kernel, so
this new graphical lib from Ben shouldn't depend directly on his
fbvga16!! It should just take that from the kernel area.

I don't accept any i386-centric for the boot-floppies! This must
be really generic for all archs!!!

Regards,

    Hartmut