Re: Missing Sparc packages in the last packages

On Tuesday 16 February 1999, at 19 h 13, the keyboard of James Troup
<james@nocrew.org> wrote:

> Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Mozilla does not appear. This is a serious problem because it is the
> > only graphical Web browser in "main".
>
> Que?  What do you think arena, chimera2, gzilla and w3+xemacs are?

gzilla: you're kidding (Description says 'This is "early alpha" software.' And
try reading www.debian.org with it.). We put in the predefined sets of
packages only software which can be useful for the naive user (the not-naive
user will use deselect and choose by herself).

w3+xemacs : I would not call it graphical, well, it's a matter of taste

arena : hmmmmm

chimera2 : untested by me.

Seriouslsy, what package which Provides: www-browser (chimera2 does not, does
anyone know why?) could be installed in the basic installation? It has to be
something usable, not an experimental toy. (chimera2 says 'This is an
alpha-test version'.)