Re: Slink Readiness?

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:59:43 -0500 (EST), Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> said:
>      I don't care if you give me CVS access.  I have half learned
> RCS, but have never looked at CVS.  (That is sort of like sgml - I
> plan to learn to use it, but never find time to look at it.) Do I
> need the CVS package installed to use remote CVS?  There probably
> won't be many changes to this file now anyhow.

I'm adding it to CVS now.  To use CVS, yes, you'll need to install the
cvs package, or else use your account on master.

>      The most recent version, Release-Notes-0.7, includes the ARCH
> variable as suggested by Chris Lawrence <quango@watervalley.net>.

This is irrelevant for me, really, since I can automatically switch
this variable per architecture.  Hmm... then I need to make different
flavors of the release notes for all the different architectures.
Hmm.

> It is now available on master in ~hilliard/upgrade-i386 and at
> www.debian.org/~hilliard.  If it isn't convenient to grab them from
> there, I'll be happy to mail them to you directly.

No, that's fine.  You just added in some stuff for upgrading.

I asked in another email why we have upgrade notes in README-upgrade
*and* in Release-Notes.  You seem to be putting stuff in both files;
in fact, you recently just changed the release notes but not
README-upgrade?

I asked why the Release Notes should contain technical details on
upgrading?  Do you have reasons why this is being done?