Re: boot-floppies 2.1.7 prerelease available

On Sun, 7 Feb 1999 22:21:47 +0000, Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> said:

> I'm uploading a prerelease of boot-floppies 2.1.7 to
> http://master.debian.org/~ezanard/boot-floppies_2.1.7/ I expect the
> process will finish in a few minutes.

> I will build the final version tomorrow to add the last set of
> patches from the CVS repository, and use a new version of modconf
> (updated translations, nothing else). As that final version will
> have no new code, you may as well test this prerelease and tell me
> about anything strange you find in there.

I have a bad problem on my copy of 2.1.7pre which I downloaded at
about 8pm on Sunday the 7th.  Whenever I say "Configure the Keyboard"
it kicks me back to the "Color or B/W" selection screen.  On tty3 all
I see is "pid 24 exited, status=b\n Executing sbin/dbootstrap".

This prevent me from doing the normal flow of commands on the boot
floppies.  I show that there are some new errors now appearing,
however.

A minor nitpick (not a new bug) is that when you run 'configure the
network' more than once, some network variables (IP) are stored, but
others (hostname, domain, gateway) are not.

Another nitpick (not new) is that cardmgr messages are *not* directed
to tty3, which makes it a pain in the butt to see the errors
sometimes.

When configuring the network, I now see these msgs/errors (on 2nd/3rd
run, etc):

cardmgr[104]: shutting down socket 1
cardmgr[104]: executing: './network stop eth0'
cardmgr[104]: + sed -e expression #1, char 2: Unterminated address regex
cardmgr[104]: exiting
copy of /etc/resolv.conf to /target/etc/resolv.conf would copy file to itself.
insmod: ... a module named pcmcia_core already exists

  [more of these, I assume it's because these modules are already
   loaded... it might be good to unload these incase some
   parameters/arguments changed in pcmcia configuration?]
cardmgr[157]: starting, version is 3.0.5
cardmgr[157]: watching 2 sockets
cardmgr[157]: initializing socket 1
cardmgr[157]: socket 1: Kingston KNE-PCM/x Ethernet
cardmgr[157]: executing: 'insmod /lib/modules/2.0.36/pcmcia 8390.o'
cardmgr[157]: executing: 'insmod /lib/modules/2.0.36/pcmcia
   pcmcia_cs.o'
cardmgr[157]: executing: './network start eth0'
cardmgr[157]: + ioctl: Invalid argument
cardmgr[157]: + ./network: /sbin/ifuser: not found
  [ note that ifuser is actually at this point at /target/sbin/ifuser ]