Re: master and acquisition methods

On Saturday 6 February 1999, at 14 h 1,
Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> For many of the profiles, you are suggesting the installation of
> several acquisition methods which we consider obsolete:

I must confess I did not follow in great details the discussion about the
removal of these methods. I just noticed that many people seem to forget the
case of machines behind firewalls (and thus needing to go through a proxy).

> dpkg-ftp: Tasks: Admin,  Profiles: Admin,  ...

This is is actively maintained, so I kept it.

> dpkg-http: Tasks: Admin,  Profiles: Admin, ...
> dpkg-mountable: Tasks: C, Gui_devel, Standard,  Profiles: Devel_comp, ...

Removed.

--
http://www.debian.org/~bortz/