Re: more language support

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 12:02:22AM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 06:30:20PM -0500, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> > "James A. Treacy" <treacy@debian.org> writes:
> >
> >    I doubt that i18n would add even 1MB to the boot floppies.
> >
> > We don't have 1 MB.  We have 1.4 MB, total, for the first floppy
> > including kernel and root.bin, or 2.4 MB split between two 1.2 MB
> > disks.
> >
> Is the plan to distribute all the different language images on the
> CDs? It ain't pretty, but it would allow installs to be done in
> any language.

I haven't build translated rescue floppies yet. I may do that for 2.1.7.
OTOH, I know that many translations are horribly out of date, and many
won't build at all. If someone wants to update the translations, they are
in boot-floppies*.deb (see the README-translators file in there).

	Thanks,
--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es