Re: LS/120s (was Re: Ready to build 2.1.7)

Adam Di Carlo writes:
>On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 20:12:38 +0000 (GMT), stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
>> ./mformat -t80 -h2 -s18 a:
>
>> if you sepcify that "a:" coressponds to /dev/hd<foo> for the ATAPI
>> floppy.  This means that we need to have mtools in the base system,
>> though. And we also need to ask the user where their floppy drive is
>> at some point during the install.
>
>Ew, what's the point of using LS/120s if they just act like 14.4
>floppies?  I guess it's 14.4 or nothing?  Could we optionally skip the
>formatting step and assume the LS/120 floppy is properly formatted?

Maybe... I was looking to fix the "can't create boot disk" problem on the
LS/120. The boot disk is only 1.44 MB anyway, so I think this covers it.
Given a little more time (I'll have another look tomorrow) I may be able
to decipher the format used by DOS for the 120MB LS/120 disks...

--
Steve McIntyre, CURS CCE, Cambridge, UK.         stevem@chiark.greenend.org.uk
home page</a>                          Cthulhu - Why vote for the Lesser Evil?