Re: 2.1.6 install OK except for X

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@ull.es> wrote:

> About fgrep, it's not on the rescue floppy (and there aren't 75 KB
> left to put it in). As we install sed from the drivers disk before
> configuring PCMCIA, would it be enough if we "emulate" fgrep using:

> R=$1 ; shift ; sed /$R/P -n "$@"

> ? (We've had that before, to emulate plain grep).

The PCMCIA network scripts needs the following type of fgrep
invocations:

fgrep (w/o flags), fgrep -v, and fgrep -q

> About ifuser, it'll be there on boot-floppies 2.1.7 (on the drivers
> disk too).

> About "card services release does not match". I don't know what does
> that mean. Brian?

Check that the pcmcia-modules package and pcmcia-cs have the same
version number.  It sounds like they do not.  From what I can tell,
that message occurs when the cardmgr daemon checks the version number
of the PCMCIA module and it doesn't match.

Brian