Re: testing group -- please test the documentation

On Sat, Jan 09, 1999 at 02:28:36AM -0500, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 23:42:14 +0100 (CET), "Karl B. Hammar" <karl@kalle.csb.ki.se> said:
>
> >> 5.1 Introduction
>
> >> Once you've booted into Linux, the dbootstrap program will launch
> >> and guide you through the second step, the initial system
> >> configuration. This step is described in detail in Using dbootstrap
> >> for Initial System Configuration, chapter 7.
>
> > I cannot find any binary named dbootstrap on the floppy.  Don't you
> > mean dinstall.
>
> No, it's called dbootstrap, even it it might still be named dinstall.
> dinstall is confusing since it's the name of Guy's scripts to install
> stuff from Incoming.   Enrique, is this a bug on boot-floppies?

Sort of. I didn't change the name on boot-floppies sources for 2.1.4. I'm
doing it (partially) for 2.1.5. I'll keep "dinstall/" as the directory
name, because renaming directories in CVS is a PITA. That will be done for
potato.

> Oh, I guess I should point them to the relevant package, which I
> *think* is ``kbd''.  I'll just tell them to read /usr/doc/kbd/..., ok?
>
> Now it says:
>
>   Once the system installation is complete, you'll be able to select a
>   keyboard layout from a wider range of choices (read the
>   documentation in <file>/usr/doc/kbd/</file> when you've finished
>   installing).

It's just a matter of running "kbdconfig" as root.

> > Make a note that pon, plog and poff must be run from a root account.
>
> Done.

IIRC, any user in the "dialout" group may run them too.

--
Enrique Zanardi					   ezanardi@ull.es