Re: Questions about tasks and profiles for the debian-cd program (Was: slink_cd v 0.98

On Wednesday 6 January 1999, at 10 h 7,
Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> However, on debian-testing, some have claimed problems, I thought, in
> the package set w.r.t. consistency?

Well, I need these reports ASAP in that case (since 2.1.5 seems to get close).
The automatic check of consistency can fail:

- when there are "semantic" dependencies. Most people assume for instance that
xterm is always a part of X11, but the formal dependencies in the Debian
packages do not force it.

- when there are versioned dependencies or conflicts. They are not handled at
the present time.

--
http://www.debian.org/~bortz/