Re: Jay Estabrook's Table of Supported Alpha Systems

"Stephen" == Stephen Smoogen <smooge@redhat.com> writes:

> On 12 Dec 1998, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
>>  Hello.  I am the Debian developer working on the Debian
>> Installation Manual.  I was looking at Jay Estabrook's table of
>> supported Alpha systems, found at
>> http://www.redhat.com/support/docs/rhl/alpha/rh52-hardware-alpha.html

> Hi always good to hear from another documentation person. I have
> been lax in putting the copyrights in the documents (mainly because
> I dont know if I was going to use the OCL or the GPL on them. What
> are your opinions or what are most debian publications in?)  My
> apologies for you having to go to this effort.

I understand your hesitation and confusion.  Most debian documentation
is under GPL v2, although I can understand your apprehension about how
applicatable that is for documents.  To be honest, I don't think there
currently is a good license that I've seen for documentation.
Although I haven't read the OPL.

> Since I had permission from him to print it there... I would check
> with him at

> mailto:Jay.Estabrook@digital.com

Will do.

> Thankyou very much for asking me. Again my apologies for not putting
> the cp notice there...

> Please let me know if I can help in any other way.

You're prompt reply as helpful as I could ask for.