Re: more formally indicating the registration URL

On Tue, Aug 04, 2009 at 03:32:55PM +0200, Steffen Moeller wrote:
> my hunch was that we should have some symbol that is shown together with the program name
> to indicate that a program is requesting a registration. That symbol should appear (in my
> mind) as consistently as non-annoyingly possible together with the package names.
>
> I would prefer not to read text, whenever that is avoidable.

Well, patches for the template file[1] are perfectly welcome

> I am not aware of the Remark field, but maybe this would be compatible with somthing
> analogous to

Check out [2] and try "grep "^Remark:" *" then see what's on the resulting tasks
page[3].  Unfortunately it is not yet documented in the docs ...

> ? And similarly there could be a "Pkg-Reference" for instance, or "Pkg-Publication".

In principle doable - but I do not volunteer to maintain this myself.  You
will notice that editing these tasks files is really easy.  Once there are >= 3
such fields set I'll be happy to publish this information on the tasks pages.

> I don't know about how close such information needs to be to the package. Both belong rather
> to debian/copyright than to debian/control, but either could be parsed to present the
> information to portals like that of Debian-Med.

[Side note: Pliese use "Debian Med" (without the dash)]
Yes, the usage of Pkg-Something ... I would rather use "Reference" or
"Publication" (the prefix "Pkg-" was only used because "Description" is
just used) would do the trick for the moment until we might have better
means.  Just adding those fields will not harm at all (unknown fields
are ignored - so you can't really break anything).  Let's start investigating
what might make sense here.

[1] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/blends/trunk/webtools/templates/tasks.xhtml
[2] svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/med/trunk/debian-med/tasks
[3] http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/

Klarmachen zum Ändern!