Re: pcsc-lite and ccid backports: where is source?

You won't easily be able to make a single package that compiles as multiarch for wheezy+later and not for squeeze+earlier. Probably it's possible from rules in debian/rules to create the install files if you *really* had to do it. But that wouldn't be the standard way...

Actually this won't work - the debhelper 9 dependancy is required for multiarch, but would prevent the package building on squeeze which doesn't have v9, and that gets checked before debian/rules is invoked. And as I said the version also needs to be modified to include bpo60 so you'll need the non-mulitarch package to have its own changelog too.

Simply put you need to make newer multiarch packages then manually backport them. You won't be able to make a 'universal' package that builds for both.

Build a multiarch one and maintain that (since that's the way the versions are going), and then backport from that for the older distributions.

-Steve