mdadm backport not installable without "experimental" package initscripts (>= 2.88dsf-13.3)

Hello Mailinglist,

I noticed, that the discussion on mdadm in squeeze-backports didn't find a proper end [1].

My current understanding of stable-backports is, that it should be possible to install backported packages without the need of testing ones. So one does not need to mix up stable and testing apt sources. The goal seems to have only stable packages and some selected packages from testing, but all dependencies must be resolved within backports (or are already fulfilled by stable).

The current mdadm backport relies on initscripts >= 2.88dsf-13.3 which is not part of stable and not backported. The changelog of initscripts [2] unveils a big(ger) transition in version 13.3. Maybe that's the reason, why it wasn't backported to fulfill the mdadm dependency (because it conflicts with a "stable" policy).

Is it somehow possible to remove the dependancy to 13.3 and make mdadm in squeeze-backports cope with the backport guideline again?

Thanks for all your work.

Regards,
Marcus

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-backports/2011/10/msg00042.html