Re: Backport apache2 version >= 2.2.12 ?

Hi all,
I'm following up the email below:

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 14:31, Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org> wrote:
> So, I'm here to ask if you could consider backporting a more recent
> version of Apache (I see 2.2.15-2 reached testing, so it might be a
> good candidate). If I can help somehow, I'd be happy to, and I can
> even consider doing it myself (even though it's a quite big package
> and I'm not sure I can commit to maintain it properly in bpo), but I'd
> like to hear the opinion of the Debian Apache maintainers :)

I've prepared some packages for backport, and copied on [1] (it's also
apt-get-able); I tested them and they work, at least SNI is fully
functional (that's my purpose)

[1] http://people.debian.org/~morph/bpo/

The chain of dependencies are:

apache2
 +- openssl
 +- apr-util
    +- apr
       +- libtool

libtool was already in bpo, but was not compiled for amd64, so I've
just rebuilt it; the others are backports from the current versions in
testing.

In CC the packages maintainers: I'd like them to have a look at those
packages before I (or they, no problem) push 'em to the repo; given
it's the first time I prepare some bpo and how important those
packages are, more eyes are better than my newbie ones only :)

Cheers,