Re: [Backports-queue] Processing of qemu-kvm_0.11.1+dfsg-1~bpo50+1_amd64.changes

Al Nikolov schrieb am Monday, den 22. March 2010:

> (i don't want to bait, so, privately)
>
> Alexander Wirt wrote:
>
> >> Moreover, since many backports are such trivial, personally, i see no
> >> point to ask the former uploader if he or she failed to sync with the
> >> upstream testing version on time (~10 days).
> > No, I don't want that people just upload every testing version.
>
> You haven't explained why. What's your policy? Does
> http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=faq or
> http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contribute or
> http://backports.org/dokuwiki/doku.php contains of this unwillingness
> expressed in words?
Its just that I prefer well tested backports over a run for every new version
in testing.

And yes its as expressed as "Don’t backport minor version changes without any
user visible changes or bugfixes".

Every backport has the change of regressions, so if there is no need for a
new version, don't do it.

Alex